UK has been an important market for the medical technology company that started 2002. The CEO Veijo Lesonen told that their new UK operation now employs three experts.
- In addition to myself we have Product Manager Pasi Karsikas and Product Specialist Nick Hamer on board since August 16, 2010.
Mediracer is prospecting for an expanding market in the general health care segment. Mr. Lesonen says that the Mediracer Carpal Tunnel Syndrome testing system has already been adapted by fifty organizations in the field of special health care.
- The British health care system is going through fundamental changes and Mediracer wants to take part in this transformation with its point of care testing systems. We’re also launching a new option to test the ulnaris nerve, Veijo Lesonen explains.
The Ulnar Nerve
The ulnar nerve is one of the three main nerves in the arm. It travels from under the collarbone and along the inside of the upper arm. It passes through a tunnel of tissue (the cubital tunnel) behind the inside of the elbow.
- You can feel the nerve through the skin. It is commonly called the "funny bone”, says Mr. Veijo Lesonen.
This new measurement means that the Mediracer’s point of care device can be used to test eighty per cent of the nerve functions in the human hand.
The nerve travels under muscles on the inside of the arm and into the hand on the side of the palm with the little finger. As the nerve enters the hand, it travels through another tunnel (Guyon's canal).
According to the website “Your Orthopaedic Connection”, the nerve entrapment occurs when the ulnar nerve in the arm becomes compressed.
- When this happens, the nerve does not function normally, explains Veijo Lesonen.
The ulnar nerve functions to give sensation to the little finger and the half of the ring finger that is near the little finger. It also controls most of the little muscles in the hand that help with fine movements, and some of the bigger muscles in the forearm that help to make a strong grip.
UK is important
CEO Veijo Lesonen concludes that the UK market is an important testing ground for Mediracer UK Ltd.
- Finland and the Scandinavian countries combined are less than half of this single market. This is why we are investing in a customer support centre in Oxford, UK.
For more information, please contact:
Mediracer UK Ltd.
52 Cornmarket Street
Oxford, OX1 3HJ
Tel.: +44 844 800 2617
Fax: +44 844 800 2618
Email: info (at) mediracer.co.uk